Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Why? That's why.

So recently I was asked "Why". More specifically why do I paint? This question has brought upon conversations from one extreme to the next. Rather then go into that and say what other people believe is the reason why one should paint, I would rather tell you why I do what I do. 

"Keep in mind I'm an artist, and I'm sensitive about my shit!" - Erykah Badu



Painting has always been My favorite past time. It has always been my favorite way to pass time. I appreciate the challenges painting provides. Whether its mastering a new technique or breaking comfort zones, painting as always helped me grow as a person. There was a time in my life when I was afraid of what people thought of my drawings, now I live to paint in front of complete strangers to share my imagination leaked on to canvas. After realizing I was breaking new skin, I began to find not only my voice, but the fact that I have a way to share ideas and creativity with people of all cultures. I can post a picture of a painting I just created and it can bring a smile to someone a thousand miles away from me. Which leads me to where I am going. I am going to travel the world growing through art by sharing my voice through paint on canvas, jewelry, and walls! My journey has already begun, leaving home in the deep heart of Texas, giving up familiar faces and lifestyles to pursue a serious career in painting by breaking my comfort zones. I am already teaching, painting, and working on diverse art shows in surrounding states which is not only difficult for artists but even more difficult for FEMALE artists. I am a rare breed however, I believe imagination is meant to be shared so everyone can know that the word "impossible" really means I'm possible! I want to create possibilities for those who may not believe that they can overcome their challenges, find their voice, or make their dreams a reality.

Stay positive and motivated,
Rabs

No comments:

Post a Comment