Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Fair Trade




My Monday night. After a beautiful long talk with my aunt Patty, I lost myself in the heart of the art district at the Fair Trade Cafe. I was invited to paint/sell my artwork during their weekly poetry jam. After listening to poets, musicians, and an amazing DJ while painting, I decided to step up and share something I wrote many moons ago. Ironically enough it is titled, "where is my home?" I was overwhelmed with the emotions it brought to surface once I was behind the Mic. I broke through tears and delivered for my first time ever, a poem I wrote and felt. 











"Where is my home?"

"I felt the real thing, 
seen images only dreams seen"
I laugh at voices that agree when my subconsious wants to scream these things
walk around town
looking like some fancy clown. 
not knowing how to get up
cus you spent all weekend getting down
laugh at the truth cus you know its what you need
now that youre eyes are open you know its too late to go back to sleep
but its all about perspective
and you just might get elected
if your thoughts stay positive 
and negativity stays outta it
tryna find a balance, call it self control
and when trouble comes a knocking 
I say "no ones home"
Its the need to be alone because solitude is grand
its not personal and I know it takes a while to understand
take a drive
far far away
debate whether or not this is the place to forever stay.
yet I always come back 
but ofcourse im sure..

you predicted that.
---------


Afterwards we all hung out and had deep conversations introducing me to the culture here in Phoenix.Ironically enough they made me feel like I found my home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment