Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Put your best foot Forward

 

Put your best foot Forward, Ironically enough, that was the name of the event! Lately I have been thinking about going outside of what I know, "Breaking Boundaries" as my boyfriend has been calling it. It is so easy to stay in our comfort zone and do what we normally would do, retreat to our same way of thinking that has strayed us down many familiar path, I have realized however, when in fact you are ready to walk a new road, there usually is not a path laid out. Finding your direction is guided by your own choices. Most of these paths are unfamiliar. Some have a lingering of those who have passed down these roads and you meet people along the way who may join you for a bit as you both walk towards the light at the horizon. That light for me has been the women of Few and Far. For those of you who are unfamiliar, take a peek at this site and this video...
I recently found out they were attending a big graffiti event back home and unfortunately I was unable to make it out. I am excited for June 1st tho. Few and Far is having their 2nd annual Skate Jam and has asked me to participate by teaching and doing a live demo. As excited as I am to do this I am also thinking about finding new ways to pay for this trip. Sponsorship? jewelry Sale? Art Shows? Some familiar and some unfamiliar I am indeed extending my horizons and along the way I met this cool girl named Chauntae. She was out there gettin down at the skate park among many guys. As intimidating as it felt for me, It reminded me of the first time I went out to paint a wall. Not too many people I knew were doing what I am and if they were, chances are they were men. In this moment I had a deeper understanding of Few and Far Women. For someone like me who has struggled with acceptance from women in her own family, I feel ever so grateful for the advice, inspiration, and opportunities these women have given us. 





Peace, Love, Sisterhood... 
Rabbit


No comments:

Post a Comment